I’m joining Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar for this week’s Friday Five Link Up! Today’s topic: 5 Things About Me! I always enjoy getting to know other bloggers when they do these types of posts, so today I’ll share some of my randomness with you!
1. I have put my foot in my mouth only to prove myself wrong years later. “I hate Chemistry” – said the 10th grade me. I fell in love with Organic Chemistry in college and pursued a Ph.D. before switching gears and becoming a Chemistry Librarian. “I’ll never do a triathlon. I can’t swim.” – me about four years ago. Um yes, the same girl is currently training for two tris this year (maybe even 3).
2. My brother and I share a birthday but we are not twins. He’s my everlasting birthday present! 🙂
3. I’m a wiggle worm. You can’t stop the dance. I’ve been known to dance a little on the treadmill and maybe for half a second on MTV back in the day. I’m a sucker for pop music, I just can’t help myself.
4. To go along with #3, I love to sing along to pretty much any pop song from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. Now that I’m in the car by myself early in the morning and rocking my treadmill runs with “rock my run,” I’m becoming more familiar with today’s pop music. (I sound so old!) My favorite song to make up silly lyrics to is “Lump” by the Presidents of the USA.
5. I was jealous of everyone running #RNRAZ this past weekend. The inaugural PF Chang’s Rock n Roll Half Marathon was my first really big race and first half marathon. I trained by myself using a random running plan that I found online. I had no idea about nutrition, I drank Gatorade and Powerade, and I had no idea about body glide. I was able to finish the half marathon with a smile, but I was sore for days afterwards. I showered as soon as I got home and went straight to bed. Now, I know about the benefits of stretching, foam rolling and compression socks, especially when applied during recovery after a race.
Do you love to sing and dance? Do you remember your first big race? Would you do anything differently?