- I was on Summer Break from working at the K8 school. I was a half time Library Asssistant and a half time site technician. This is meant I was the first line of defense for IT issues before the district IT department was called. I checked a lot of power cords and restarted a lot of computers for that part of my job. As a Library Assistant, I enjoyed working with the kids in the library. It was fun to share all of my favorite books with the growing readers. I can’t believe that those second graders graduated high school this year!
- I was working on my second masters degree in Library Science. I was about two thirds of the way through my coursework and I took the summer off since….
- I was living in Boston and completing my practicum at the Science Library at MIT. I still can’t believe that I managed to make the practicum and the entire summer experience happen. What started off as a whim “Ask A Librarian” question became reality! It was my first adventure to the Northeast and I loved it! Mainly because…..
- My running took place around the Charles River! It’s still one of my all time favorite places to run. You can’t beat the scenery and the energy of the city. I wasn’t training for any races, I was just running for fun.
- On the weekends, I was the ultimate tourist. I explored the city and surrounding areas. I was introduced to Boba Tea! I started to practice the art of the selfie and I was just beginning to run with my camera. We celebrated 4th of July with all of Boston!
Don’t forget to check out the other bloggers looking back in time!
What were you up to 10 years ago? Did you do a practicum or study abroad in a far away place?