I’m joining Cynthia, Courtney, and Mar for this week’s Friday Five Link Up! This week’s theme: Favorite songs to pump up a workout. This is so much fun; I absolutely love this topic! I always have music running through my head even if I’m not wearing headphones. I remember posting about the soundtrack in my head and there’s definitely a recurring theme (see October 2013 and February 2015), so I won’t add Sexy Back to this list! 🙂
View this post on Instagram
I didn't get out the door as early as planned, but I finished my long run for this week! 2 Legit 2 Quit! Hey Hey!! @rockmyrun kept me motivated with the 'Get Ready for This' mix. 7 miles in the books! @azruncoach #triathlontraining #halfmarathontraining #ResultsStartHere #committotri #lifetimetritempe #azruncoach #gilbertmarathon #sweatpink #sbmtrifecta
Here are my top two songs from this mix, two new favorites and my ultimate power song (my dig deep song).
- “We’re going to dance. And have some fun.” Groove is in the Heart by Deee Lite gets me up and dancing everytime. This is my groove and definitely one of my theme songs.
2. There’s something about Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice that gets me going on my run and makes the dreadmill so much more bearable!
3. Walk the Moon’s Shut up and Dance is my theme song for the summer! I always get a big goofy smile when this song comes on. It’s great to get my pace going a little bit faster and makes me happy to move.
4. Honey, I’m Good by Andy Grammer is my new favorite song. This song begs for choreography! Therehas to be choreography somewhere on the inter webs! (Oh wait! Yes, there are way too many videos for this! Don’t follow me down the rabbit hole. 🙂
5. The ultimate power song on my list is Eminem’s Lose Yourself. There’s something about the power, the rhythm and the lyrics to make me push myself even harder or faster to definitely lose myself on the run!
Here’s my Running Songs playlist on YouTube: