Quick squirrel for you today! A friend (the Haphazard Chef) posted a sous vide egg bite recipe for the Instant Pot months ago. I combined it with another recipe and so far the hubby and I are pretty happy with it.
- 8 qt Instant Pot, and steamer inserts
- Silcone baby food trays, we have 2 of these (You can find other sizes that would fit a different sized instant pot): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M188L3L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Non-stick spray
- Foil sheet(s)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (we use colby jack or sharp cheddar)
- 3/4 cup of cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup of greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 slices of bacon, crumbled (based on your preference)
- Spray silicone food tray with non-stick spray and add bacon crumbles to each well.
- Blend: eggs, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into silicone food tray (1/2-2/3 full depending on preference). This recipe will fill 2 food trays with trays 2/3 full. Cover each tray with foil.
- Add steamer insert to instant pot with 1 cup of water. Add 1st covered food tray and second steamer insert on top, careful not to tear foil. Add 2nd covered food tray.
- Close top and make sure that steam valve is closed. Select steam and set for 8 min.
- Allow time 10 min after steam setting is finished for pressure equilibration. (Total time: around 5-10 min to start steam, 8 min for steam and 10 for natural pressure release).
- Remove and cool egg bites.
- Refrigerate and reheat in toaster oven for best quality and texture.