There’s a crunch wrap trend currently going around, so I modified our Hello Fresh dinner to make Shawarma-Spiced Chicken Crunch Wraps.
- 20 oz chicken cutlets
- 4 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp shawarma spice blend (cumin, tumeric, coriander, paprika, garlic powder, allspice & black pepper)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 persian cucumbers
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 oz dill
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 large or 8 medium (depending on your preference) flour tortilla shells
- Dry chicken with paper towels. Place in a large bowl and add 2 tbsp yogurt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp (or more) of the shawarma seasoning, 1 tbsp of olive oil and salt. Mix and cover chicken thoroughly.
- Heat a good amount of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked throughout. (I prefer a crisp crust on the chicken.) Transfer to cutting board to rest.
- While chicken is cooking, trim and cut cucumbers in half. Use a mandolin to thinly slice. Finely dice tomatoes. Remove thick stalks and roughly cut the fresh dill. Zest and half the lemon. Peel and trim shallot. Use mandolin to thinly slice.
- In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, half the chopped dill, 4 tbsp of olive oil, the juice of half the lemon, and the shallot. Season salt and pepper.
- Dill Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, 2 tbsp yogurt, the remaining dill and 1 tsp of garlic powder. Add a splash of water to thin slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crunch Wrap:
- Thinly slice chicken. Make a single cut to the center of your tortilla. Place chicken, salad, and sauce on different quadrants. Then fold the sauce side of the tortilla over the salad, then continue over the chicken and finally wrap the final edge around until you end up with a wedge.
- Heat the tortilla carefully on a medium-high pan. Flip and heat other side. Repeat with remaining.
Want to try Hello Fresh? Use this link for $70 off or DM me for a Free Box Code!